Which version of The Others ??

yimpster

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

After reading the thread about which is the best scary scene to show off your AV system, i've decided to grab a copy of The Others.

Which is the best version to go for R1,2,4 ?? I've heard there is a version with a DTS track, I can't seem to find it.

Any guidance greatly appreciated :)

Cheers

Adam

No idea where to find the R3 but like I said its not anamorphic so I very much doubt the picture quality would be up to that of the R1 and R2 versions. I wouldn't substitute picture quality for a DTS any day of the week! I ordered the R2 last night.

for further comparisons try www.dvdcompare.org.uk

I have the R3 which does have DTS but has a poor picture quality and no extras. I have found all R3 discs to have a disappointing picture quality.

Originally posted by alan8477
I have found all R3 discs to have a disappointing picture quality.

certainly not the we were soldiers and Insomnia I got from DDDhouse last week.

cheers for the feedback chaps - think i'll go for either the R1 or R2, guess it'll be down to which ones the cheapest :) The hunt begins!

I got hold of a Blockbuster ex rental copy for £8 months ago, region 2 obviously.
Its a good movie, picture/sound excellent and above all the acting is superb (I loved seeing Eric Sykes in it :D ) but its not one of those films you'll keep coming back to IMHO I'd definately have to be in the mood to watch it again, some films are like that though, you'll watch them once a year if that, others (no pun) I can sit through time and again.

CD-WOW were doing the region 3 for about £8 a while back - don't know if they still have it at that price.

Originally posted by yimpster

cheers for the feedback chaps - think i'll go for either the R1 or R2

or you could go the R4

the french R2 has DTS (in french so useless) but it is the only version worlwide (AFAIK) that has the director`s commentary.
Problem: the french subs are imposed (not burnt in so with modified sony one might get around it)
HTH

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom