Which version of Spider-Man are you getting?

marc_angelus said:
since it's transformed into a SM2 thread... is the region 3 version likely to be any good? £7.49 on cd-wow (with link/voucher) seems like a good price, and according to the details, there's nothing japanese in sight, everything's in english!

Might go with that myself :D Found that the R3's offer everything really the R1's generally offer and at that price you can't really beat it. I also ordered Dawn of the Dead Exclusive DC for £9.99 after i realised the R1 Unrated DC is actually censored! :rolleyes:

I got the R3 version from cdwow on tuesday and have to say it's superb. No foreign language on the sleeve etc. Printing is of a great quality (on par with R1/R2 versions). It appears to be exactly the same as the R1 USA version. However, someone did mention that the R3 version only has 1 commentry track instead of 2, this doesnt really bother me though.

Also, it looks and sounds superb even without DTS. I'm sure the DTS superbit version will improve further on this, but for £7 you cant complain!

Dan

R1 Superbit for me.
Its coming out at the same time as the other versions!

Superbit for me too... roll on 30th November. :clap:

Hi

Just ordered the R1 SUPERBIT version from ebay for £16.49 here with free P&P.

Hope its pukka, can't see it on the superbit website!!

CH

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Cool-hand said:
Hi

Just ordered the R1 SUPERBIT version from ebay for £16.49 here with free P&P.

Hope its pukka, can't see it on the superbit website!!

CH

Why :confused: You can pick it up cheaper, and without any fear of receiving a pirated copy, from most reputable sources.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Got my R3 today from cdwow, gna watch it right now! :devil:

Region 1 superbit arrived today from DVDsoon only £12.24, awesome sound and great picture. This is the first superbit I have bought I would like to compare it with the standard transfer, has anybody done this.

Thanks Sigismund, interesting reading. I am so glad now that I went for the superbit and I am sure this was the first of many. Just out of interest is the difference in quality usually so noticeable

I have the region 1 Superbit and think the picture quality is excellent and the sound is on a par with the picture, highly recommend you get the Superbit and forget about the frivoulous extra's.

Jayb said:
Thanks Sigismund, interesting reading. I am so glad now that I went for the superbit and I am sure this was the first of many. Just out of interest is the difference in quality usually so noticeable

In my experience it varies. Some movies, like The Fifth Element, definitely look better on Superbit releases - especially if you're viewing on a big, projector sized, screen. I've read somewhere that Superbits remove, or reduce at least, a certain amount of edge enhancement - which probably helps.

I've got a few Region 3 Superbit DVDs, and if you're in the right place at the right time these can work out very reasonably priced. I believe they're pretty much identical to the Region 1 releases. ;)

Mark

got the R1 superbit from cd wow for about a tenner :thumbsup: havnt watched it yet :)

Got my copy of Spiderman 2 Superbit R1 and watched it this evening :thumbsup: Picture quality IMO is excellent and love the choice of DTS & DD... :)

John

Recruit - is the Superbit worth going for over the normal version ?

rags said:
Recruit - is the Superbit worth going for over the normal version ?

Rags - I think the Picture Quality is worth it much more sharper and defined but with the sound both the DD & DTS mixes sound superb, i will have to watch again to compare the 2.

John

Rags - i have been compareing the 2 soundtracks this afternoon and would say that the DTS track is better than the DD :thumbsup: the bass is better even more weight and i feel that the surround ambience is more open at the rears.
So i would say that it is worth getting the Superbit version... :)

John

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom