1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which vendor to buy a Panasonic HS2?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by sparkydoo, Sep 19, 2003.

1. sparkydoo

sparkydoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I want to buy a Panasonic HS2 and wondered which supplier was excellent and which was poor?

Also which have the cheapest prices and the best customer service etc?

Any help much appreciated as I am as tight as a ducks ass and don't want to give my money to a dodgy company LOL

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,212
  3. sparkydoo

sparkydoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for those supplies m8.
    What do people think of techtronics these days as I dealt with them a few years back?

4. whatdoiknow

whatdoiknow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't touch RGB with a barge pole.

I recently purchased the JVC HDD/SVHS VCR and it had a sound problem, I returned (had to pay the cost myself), they said they would try to get it repaired, then said they would send me a new one, but what they did was actually send me a second hand one, how did I know, because someone had used it previously and recorded some programs to the hard drive prior to when I bought the original.

I then had several heated discussions where the virtually said that it was new and that I was lying. I eventually got a new one (I hope) but I never got an apology.

If you purchase from them, BEWARE.

Regards,

Martin

5. sparkydoo

sparkydoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that m8
    To be honest i am now thinking that whoever i buy from to only get a region 2 and not a multi region as then I still have the manufacturers warranty.

With these multi region models the warranty is only with the shop you bought it from so if they go bust you don't have any warranty.

6. whatdoiknow

whatdoiknow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you have a Barclaycard you can purchase from your local shop at a premium, then send details to Barclaycard from an Internet or mail order site and they will refund the difference.

You have to remember that if you purchase by mail order that should anything go wrong then you have to return it at your expense, I once purchased a full size SVHS camcorder and had to send it back for various reasons about three times, the expense meant it wasn't worth buying it mail order.

Although I don't have one I have only read good things about the HS2.

Good luck with whatever you purchase.

Best regards,

Martin

7. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you want real peace of mind then buy from Panasonic themselves.

£585 and I believe they do a M/R upgrade for £29.99

Dave

8. Hambone

Hambone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6

9. whatdoiknow

whatdoiknow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's good to know, as I said the two main purchases I made by mail order developed faults and it cost me to send them back, in future I will consider Unbeatable.

Best regards

Martin