Which VCR

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by eddyad, Jan 5, 2003.

Tags:
  1. eddyad

eddyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I've had two JVCs and wore them out (The first was the HR7700 aka Ferguson 3V23). Now have a Sony E820. I want one that will start recording automatically from my Grundig GDT1000 STB timer which supports this. Panasonic External Link seems to be a possibility. Doesn't have to be S-VHS - used mainly for time shifting but I want decent quality & 2 scarts. TV is Sony 32FQ75. Do all STB 'auto record' VCRs work the same way with the Scart pin 8 HIgh trigger?

2. Ridcully

Ridcully

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    The Panasonic 710 is very good as it has a tape library and controls the digi box via IR. Unfortuneately I think this got replaced with a version where the digi box contolled the video. Most people who have mentioned this, including myslef, think this was a really dumb move by Panasonic.

3. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    My Panasonic NV-FJ625 with external link, manages this perfectly, but obviously needs to be connected to the VCR SCART on the digibox. I'm fairly sure the new 630 also does this.