1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which VCR with my projector?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Marcus Wood, Jan 2, 2004.

1. Marcus Wood

Marcus Wood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    My VCR's just packed up - it is (was?) a Pannasonic NV-HS960 SVHS model that I bought three years ago. I'm not sure whether to get it repaired or buy a new one.

The thing is, I now have various DVD and hard-drive recorders so I won't need it for recording, just for playing old tapes, and stuff that's not out on DVD or Laserdisc. I'm using a Sony HS10 projector.

The last time I used the Panny, I watched a compilation video of the band Garbage, and I noticed that areas of solid red seemed to have a cross-hatching effect (this was using the composite output on the VCR). So I'm thinking - if I get a better VCR will I get rid of that effect?

So does anyone know if there's a SVHS VCR that would work better with a projector? Or would the PQ be better running the s-video output into the projector (even with VHS tapes)?

2. EN

EN
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have JVC 7700 SVHS recorder and I used wiyh SONY HS 20 for a test. It wprked OK, there is not such problem wih reds ever. On TV too. I think the new model 9850 will do the same.
    And use s-video connection!
    Hope this heps.

3. EN

EN
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, typing mystake. The model is 9700.