Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Which VCR with my projector?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Marcus Wood, Jan 2, 2004.

1. Marcus Wood

Marcus Wood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    My VCR's just packed up - it is (was?) a Pannasonic NV-HS960 SVHS model that I bought three years ago. I'm not sure whether to get it repaired or buy a new one.

The thing is, I now have various DVD and hard-drive recorders so I won't need it for recording, just for playing old tapes, and stuff that's not out on DVD or Laserdisc. I'm using a Sony HS10 projector.

The last time I used the Panny, I watched a compilation video of the band Garbage, and I noticed that areas of solid red seemed to have a cross-hatching effect (this was using the composite output on the VCR). So I'm thinking - if I get a better VCR will I get rid of that effect?

So does anyone know if there's a SVHS VCR that would work better with a projector? Or would the PQ be better running the s-video output into the projector (even with VHS tapes)?

2. EN

EN
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have JVC 7700 SVHS recorder and I used wiyh SONY HS 20 for a test. It wprked OK, there is not such problem wih reds ever. On TV too. I think the new model 9850 will do the same.
    And use s-video connection!
    Hope this heps.

3. EN

EN
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, typing mystake. The model is 9700.