Question Which UST projector to chose?

villaks

Novice Member
Hello,

After 9 years and two lamps, the time has come to replace the Optoma HD33 with something newer :)
Optoma UHZ65UST seems to me the optimal choice, but I’m open for other suggestions :)

The projector will be used for games I. PS4 and movie watching. We’ll be casting directly on the wall at a diagonal of about 120”, most often in the evenings. In addition, we have rubber blinds in the room. The projector has to be mounted on the ceiling.

Thanks for any advices!

DB9S

Are these Ultra Short Throw models even supposed to be ceiling mounted?
Are you sure you didn't mean the UHZ65?

noob0101

Hello,

After 9 years and two lamps, the time has come to replace the Optoma HD33 with something newer :)
Optoma UHZ65UST seems to me the optimal choice, but I’m open for other suggestions :)

The projector will be used for games I. PS4 and movie watching. We’ll be casting directly on the wall at a diagonal of about 120”, most often in the evenings. In addition, we have rubber blinds in the room. The projector has to be mounted on the ceiling.

Thanks for any advices!

Why UST? The UHZ65UST is very expensive for it's specs. Laser sources are still not mature. Maybe in 5 years time.

Just about the bet unit you can get in this price range is the Epson TW9400. Great all around projector. Superior to the Optoma in all ways.

mckee74

Distinguished Member
Because UST is easy to set up.

You can ceiling mount the Xiaomi.

noob0101

Because UST is easy to set up.

You can ceiling mount the Xiaomi.

Regular projectors are not hard to mount. It's not something you do every day. The price and quality are not on the UST's side.
Also, don't USTs have no zoom and lens shift, also requiring some fiddling?

im85288

The key thing for me (and this is my first step into using a PJ) is that the UST integrates nicely into my living room. People getting up don’t have to worry about getting in the way of the light..and it really is simple to install (ie place it on a AV cabinet). The UHZ65UST has something called smartfit: which I used for lining up with my ALR screen.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom