• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Which used Panasonic camera?

drunkenjoiner

Established Member
Hi Guys,
To save a few quid and hopefully get an half decent compact I am looking at the used market for the below camera's.
Straight forward question, which would you choose A or B.

A. Panasonic TZ10
B. Panasonic DMC-LX3.

Any input appreciated.

Many thanks,
DJ

nikonuser11

Distinguished Member
I'd choose the TZ10, think the specs are better than the LX3 afaik

mutamist

Established Member
Two quite different cameras. I've just recently had a LX5 and the image quality blows the TZ10 away in low light, but I wanted a camera with a better zoom so have gone back to a TZ10. All depends what you want to use it for. I also found the TZ10 a lot more pocketable than the LX5.

sleekyG

Established Member
Yep. If you want to go with the zoom, go with TZ10. Also, according to reviews TZ10 has higher user-reviews compare to the LX5. And I think it's a little cheaper. ;)

mutamist

Established Member
The LX5 is an update of the LX3, but the same type of camera. It's different to the TZ10 with it's bigger sensor and smaller zoom.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom