Which USB wireless network adapter

Dr.Rock

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Can someone please recommend me a wireless network adapter for my Dad's PC to connect to his BT broadband router? What specs should we be looking for? We want it to be able to run under Windows 7 and Windows 10 64-bit versions. Though his Internet connection is up to 16 Mbps, the adapter should also cope with higher speeds, eg if he changes to faster broadband connection such as fiber or Virgin 200 Mbps.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Though his Internet connection is up to 16 Mbps, the adapter should also cope with higher speeds, eg if he changes to faster broadband connection such as fiber or Virgin 200 Mbps.

Getting 200Mbps over wi-fi, especially with a wall or two between the computer and the router, is a challenging task and only the cutting edge wi-fi adapters can manage it (some of the time).

The fastest one of the market at the moment is D-link's DWA-192 which is the only AC1900 adapter around as far as I know.

However, reviews say it's a little on the heavy side and not the most portable of adapters so if the PC is a mobile one it may not suit.

If it doesn't, or it's more than you wanted to spend, then I'd be looking at an AC1200 adapter. They start at around £25-30.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom