Which USB DVB stick?

• Thread starter Deleted member 63580
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 63580

Hi folks,

Can anyone give me some ideas on a good USB TV tuner, it has to work with vista Media centre, Its for a laptop so I think the stick type ones would be better but if some one can say "xyz is a brilliant sensitive tuner" I could go for that.

It just need to have the tv channels/tuner viewable in vista media centre and be sensitive as can be :)

Cheers

Hi dino2021,

I've just built a Vista Media Center PC, and after some troubles with Compro PCI TV cards I have given a Hauppauge Diversity DVB-T USB stick a go (http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/pages/products/data_novatdstick.html)...

It's a clever beast with two tuners - in reasonable strength area's you can use them as two individual tuners, which suits me well. But if you're in a dodgy signal area, you set it to 'diversity mode'. In this mode it somehow combines the two tuners to boost sensitivity. I've not tried this properly, so you might want to find some reviews online.

The software it comes with is ok, which I'll use on the laptop for when I'm on holiday, etc. But for the other 99% of the time I'll use it with Media Center, which so far has been flawless.

The only downside is that it needs two aerial feeds, but I guess it uses that for the diversity function.

I like it so much I'm going to get another one to give me a greedy four tuners!

Peter

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom