• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Which universal remote?

def

Established Member
Hi, can someone offer some advice please.

I want to control an XBox running XBMC, a Virgin V+/TVDrive, an older Toshiba CRT and a Yamaha RX-359 amp.

I need to get rid of the 14,000 remotes I have at the moment, but can't seem to easily find out what remotes support what hardware.

I was looking at the Logitech Harmony range but I can't find a list on their website that shows compatibility.

Any recommendations? Thanks.

L

Leporello

Hi there,

I'm no expert but I've just bought a Harmony 885 that I've yet to receive, but in reading the reviews prior to making my purchase I did note that one of the longer reviews did mention that the Harmony could handle the Xbox. My son has an Xbox and I'm fairly certain that he'll be able to use the Harmony with it.

I'll find out for certain when it arrives so if the delivery is prompt I should be able to answer your question more clearly.

rmknight

Established Member
Hi,

I have a 885 Which i have run all the following devices.

XBOX, Panasonic CRT 32", LG DLP 44" TV, Yamaha DSPA 590 Amp, Marantz SR4400 Amp, Marantz DV-4400 DVD, Tosiba DVD recorder, Samsung Cable box, SKY and Sky +.

All have worked great with a little bit of work.

Regards,

Richard

rmknight

Established Member
I like the 885 from use and feel. I had the 525 but got rid of it. it was too clicky and I was using it in the bedroom and my wife said it was too noisy when I was channel surfing. :oops:

I have not tried the newer models.

Regards,

Rm_knight

mrm3

Established Member
Hi, can someone offer some advice please.

I want to control an XBox running XBMC, a Virgin V+/TVDrive, an older Toshiba CRT and a Yamaha RX-359 amp.

I need to get rid of the 14,000 remotes I have at the moment, but can't seem to easily find out what remotes support what hardware.

I was looking at the Logitech Harmony range but I can't find a list on their website that shows compatibility.

Any recommendations? Thanks.

Harmony remotes have 175,000 products mapped.

If your products are not and I am sure they are it also has a learning feature.
Also you can select a make and a 'close' model number and find it works.

Really has taken universal remotes to a new level.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom