Which Universal Remote

chaz

Hi I am after a new remote that I can control with my Phone or Tablet. In the past and for quite a few years I have used a Harmony 1100 which now died so after a new one. But it has to do the same or even more than the 1100 this is what the old remote did Say watch Sky the TV would turn on Amp would go to the right input. Say Watch a film The TV would go off Screen Would Come Down input on the Amp would change to film input and Projector would come on Blu Ray player would come on. You get the Idea same with CD Vinyl. Just to add I have a Echo but at the moment do not have a clue how to use it all I know is you can now buy plugs that make the echo control that item. Just more thing it has got to be easy to program Any Ideas???

MarkE19

Do you only want to control your equipment via the phone, or do you also want a physical remote?

If just using a phone you can get a Harmony Hub
Amazon product
Or if you want a remote as well get the likes of the Harmony Elite, but this is very expensive at the moment, last Christmas it could be had for well under £200 but is now around £300
Amazon product
Or a simpler remote
Amazon product
Mark.

chaz

Hi Mark been some since I have talked to you Hope You are well and your family are well.Thanks for answering my Q My Wife told me some time ago I brought a Hub plus Remote in case my Harmony 1100 went Ts which it did last week I have installed the Hub and it updated the hub Do not know how up dated it is as I got it some time back but never been used This is the remote I got with it ( Sorry it is a bit Dusty :eek: o_O )
I know that I can buy the updated Hub With Alexi But heard it is not that good. My Son has brought me a Alexei Echo Ver 3 for Xmas not installed yet has I have not a clue how to use it yet !:suicide: waiting for son to come over ( When Ever That Will be Now:( ) I know I can control my lights Play my stream music etc but is it worth it to control my system where the hub and my phone is doing the job fine. Below is a picture of the remote wonder you can tell which verison hub it is.Again I like to Thank you. Mark for all the help you have given now and in the past. Take Care Mark you & your family. Best Regards Eric

Attachments

• 20210105_202851.jpg
    20210105_202851.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 24

MarkE19

I'm fairly sure that your remote is the Harmony Companion, the last of my links above.

As far as I am aware there is only the 1 version of the Hub. All updates have been with the firmware so using Alexa with it should be possible once updated.

To set everything up you can either install the iOS/Android app on your smartphone or install the MyHarmony software on your PC which can be downloaded from Here

Mark.

chaz

Thank you Mark for putting my mind at rest Take care and All The Best For 2021. My Very Best Regards Eric

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Hisense A7G, Zidoo Z1000 & Kudos Cardea C10 Reviews + Movie News and Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom