1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Universal DVD Player?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by d.waters, May 30, 2005.

1. d.waters

d.waters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Which universal DVD player would you recommend to pair up with a Rotel RSX 1067 and MK 850 speakers?

I have been looking at those from Pioneer (but wiating to see what the new ones are like), Denon and Marantz.

Would like HDMI output as I am likely to get a plasma soon.

Budget about £500 to £1000

2. Ambient Fish

Ambient Fish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +225
    Hi Dave, I used to own a Pioneer universal player and thought that the sound from the limited number of SACD and DVD Audio discs was nothing very special, I then upgraded to the Denon DV2900 and suddenly realised that it was not the discs but the spinner that was deficient. Since installing the Denon in my system I have purchased over 45 Hi Res discs, The replacement for the DV 2900 is the DV 3910 and it has a digital video out, you can now pick this machine up for around £700.00 on line, I have now had my Denon for 18 months and it has never let me down, incidentally it is also an excellent DVD Video player.

3. d.waters

d.waters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Thanks for that reply - I thought I'd try out the Denon 2910 and 3910, but also the Marantz 7600 (when it's out). I notice you have a separate CD player in your list. Do you notice the difference between that and your Denon universal player?