Which UHD player to connect to old receiver?

snappycat

Novice Member
Hi all - please excuse my ignorance! Used to know what I was buying and these days don't have a clue! I have a very old Denon receiver (AVR-X520BT) which I currently have my dvd player connected to via HDMI. This is in turn connected via HDMI to my TV (Samsung Q60a). I have the audio from the TV going through the Denon via optical. I want to purchase a UHD player but am unsure whether if I run it through the amp the same way as I currently do I will downgrade the quality? (rendering the upgrade a bit pointless!) Basically is this ok or do I need a UHD player with two HDMI ports so I can send the video straight to the TV and the audio to the Denon... Don't want to spend very much but want to get the best quality I can from my existing equipment. Have been looking at the LG UBK80 (one HDMI) and the Sony UBP X700 two HDMI's) former is cheaper and don't need any bells and whistles as my TV doesn't do fancy stuff anyway! Many Thanks.

denon.JPG

gibbsy

Welcome to the Forum.

You can connect any 4K player via HDMI to the Denon as it can pass through 4K signals. This will in no way degrade the signal. If you wish to pass video direct to the TV then ensure your player has two HDMI out ports, one for video direct to the TV the second for audio to the Denon for full HD audio.

snappycat

Novice Member
Welcome to the Forum.

You can connect any 4K player via HDMI to the Denon as it can pass through 4K signals. This will in no way degrade the signal. If you wish to pass video direct to the TV then ensure your player has two HDMI out ports, one for video direct to the TV the second for audio to the Denon for full HD audio.
fabulous thankyou! Lucky buy with the Denon then as its ancient 😂

snappycat

Novice Member
ha ha! im such a numpty! Replaced the really old one as it died suddenly! completely forgot until you said 2018 and thought that cant be right 😂

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom