1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which type or brand of Camcorder under £250

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by vileda, Oct 11, 2005.

1. vileda

vileda
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all,

I know this has probably been done to death but search isn't my friend at the moment and I only have 2 months to research this, so some pointers however basic will be appreciated.

I'll have a budget of about £200-£250 (may be able to do £400 at a massive push), editing on a PC and burning to DVD.
    Only for family, light use, nothing professional but must be able to display a reasonable picture when output to a 852*480 plasma.

Would prefer MiniDV With Firewire if doable.

Many thanks

Vileda

2. laser

laser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    If you are after a camcorder to display to a plasma you would be best looking for a true widescreen model.

Canon make to good widscreen cams as does Sony and JVC. Check out their websites to see what is in your price range. All will have firewire and can transfer footage to a PC and all will do what you want. The Sony maybe a little out of your price range though unless you can stretch to £330 to £350 for a Sony HC39.

Unfortunately Panasonic don't make a true widescreen camcorder at the moment.