1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which TV

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Jakob Stensig, Jun 25, 2002.

1. Jakob Stensig

Jakob Stensig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi - I hope someone here can help me.

Today I found two good offers on a few widescreen TV's. They are both 32 inch and 100 Hz.

The price don't wary so much, but I don't know which TV brand is generally the best. I'm currently looking at a Grundig TV and a Thomson TV. Do any of you know which is best? I've tried to find information about them on the internet, but haven't really been able to find a good site which compares different brands. :(

I hope you can help me.

Jakob

2. Serpico

Serpico

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Jakob, I had a 100Hz Thomson a couple of years ago which I sent back because of the dreadful 100Hz artifacts that the screen showed. The replacement had exactly the same charecteristics. Maybe they've improved though?

If you get the model numbers of the two tvs you'll be able to search these forums for information about them.

3. Jakob Stensig

Jakob Stensig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the help.:cool:

Anyone else know something about Grundig and Thomson? What is generally the best?

Jakob

4. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Thomson that has the built in DVD player is supposed to be not a bad TV.

From what I've read of Grundigs, they seem to be mostly average.

Personally, I wouldn't go for either ;)

5. Jakob Stensig

Jakob Stensig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks everybody. :)

I bought the Thomson:D

Jakob

6. MrSpiggot

MrSpiggot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well you didn't hang about did you. Nice to see someone make their mind up on this forum.
    I'd be interested to know what you think of it after you've had a chance to watch it a bit.
    Did you get the one with the clip-on frames? If so, how does that work, do you get all the frames in the box or just buy the colour you want?

7. Jakob Stensig

Jakob Stensig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi MrSpiggot.

Nope - I didn't get a clip-on set.

I can only say that I'm very happy with the TV. It has excellent colours, nice picture and a no problems whatsoever.

The only thing: It's incredibly heavy and almost impossible to get to the second floor.;)

Jakob