• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

Which TV

emrysdavies

I have a very old Plasma Flat Screen 42" Panasonic model TX-P42GT50B and it is great at the moment. I am wondering what has taken its place and the likely cost. The insurance for it is due soon and I am wondering if the required £11.69 per month is sensible at this stage.

tvdavid

prob best to get one like this

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
Coming from a Plasma, an OLED is the obvious choice.

However OLED isn't for everyone and keeping your current TV may be a better option.

Do you have any 4K sources?
If not then keep your current TV, unless you want a size upgrade.

Do you still watch a lot of Standard Definition TV?
If so then keep your current TV, unless you want a size upgrade.

What I would do is stop paying that monthly insurance scam/charge and put the money aside for when the TV does go pop or you decide to change it.

Buying a TV is a hugely more complicated choice now. I'd suggest before you even think about changing your TV to have a good long read of the TV forum mod's guides, especially FHD vs UHD, Thinking of replacing your plasma, LCD vs OLED and well... really most of the others.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom