Which TV will play video files from its memory slot/usb stick?

Cool As Blu

Standard Member
Hi

Are there any TV' with memory cards/usb slots that will play WMV / MPEG / DVD format files directly from the cards/usb sticks?

I know some play picture slide shows but I'm looking for ones which play video formats.

Thanks

Ravi

duncfunk

The Samsung B550 is a fairly cheap set where this feature can be enabled but the B650 is much nicer if it's within budget. The higher end LG's (LH5000 and LH7000) also have this feature. I'm sure there's more sets that someone else can chip in with :)

Plasma wise the LG PQ or PS6000 have usb movie playback.

NX3

Currently Samsung B650 has the most complete range of codec support. The B550 can be enabled via a firmware hack as discussed in this forum.

MikeTV

Distinguished Member
I don't know about all Samsungs, but the B7020's certainly do (including high def material).

Griff2

I have the Samsung LE40B750 and that does it very well. The USB sockets will also recognise external hard drives as well. I have a card reader connected which works without any problems too.

k.jacko

I watched a dvdrip avi movie from my usb drive on my LG42PQ6000 for the first time last night, and it was flawless, really impressed with it.
So much so, that i'll be creating a library to put onto an external 2.5" hdd with high quality avi's on.

al catraz

Standard Member
panasonic G10/G15/V10's can play from SDHC cards and will play high def AVCHD format if you have a HD video camera.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom