Which TV to Choose?!?!?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by nathanannand, Sep 12, 2007.

Tags:
  1. nathanannand

nathanannand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hello our panasonic 25" CRT went bang last night, it was repaired once many years ago and now is time to replace it!

We are looking at a 37" LCD and at the moment we have wittled it down to two I think? Basically in terms of Price, looks, and Picture quality as best as what you can figure?!? Also including some reviews?

We are comparing:

The Samsung LER37R88BD @ £589.10 from pixmania

and

The Toshiba 37X3030D @ £732.10 from pixmania

both of these you get 3% off at quidco aswell!

SO can anyone help us in deciidn between these wether they currently have one or can share advice or point us towards something within the same price region ( no more) and what is hot and not? Have Sky standard at the moment the new style box with the blue logo in the centre though may within 12 months go for SKYHD and also Xbox 360 Samsung TV has game mode??

Just generally confused? Help!!! Cheers!

2. ChrisGgr

ChrisGgr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,499
    I dont see any reason to buy something 1080p,because at 37" the difference is almost zero unless you sit really close.So the 37R87 seems the best you can take.Also have a look at the new Sony KDL-40S3000 which is 720p too

3. nathanannand

nathanannand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Cheers,

Though i did promise I wouldnt go above 37" it did start at 32", I do think 40 will be a bit too overpowering?? Got about 10 foot betwen TV and Seat?

Is there anything to compare directly with the Samsung in terms of price? and better quality? Ive read about picture judder, sound problems, scart interference?

Im proper confused now!!

4. nathanannand

nathanannand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    ok done it made my choice, Ive gone for the samsung, price won me over! Dixons £599,99 - £15 with a discount code and then through quidco 4% off the order total £561.56 fingers crossed it all goes through, delivery next week some time but hey I can be patient!?!?! Or can I??