which TV to choose? QN95A VS QN800A or other?

Dawdaw

Hi.

I am looking for a TV size 77 "-85" (preferably as large as possible) in the amount up to about PLN 20,000 - (I live in Poland, so this amount is the equivalent of around EUR 4500).

Overall, I would like this TV to serve me at least these 5 years, and preferably longer. I was thinking about some OLED for a long time, for example LG G1 or Sony A80J (unfortunately A90J falls off because 83 "exceeds my budget, and 65" too small). Unfortunately, the fact is that some% of these OLED TVs burn out. Opinions are divided - some people did not burn out and others showed afterimages on the screen ... I prefer not to risk it, considering that my TV works for a total of 10 hours a day when it is watched by the whole family.

The applications whose I use: Netlix, YouTube, HBO GO and similar applications, as well as the PS5 console and also "regular" TV from the set-top box, where we watch a lot of programs with the channels logo in the corner of the screen (which is not good for OLED) .. I also play a lot of games with a lot of static image elements.

The MiniLed technology seems to be a good compromise in relation to OLEDs - at least in theory it is supposed to match when it comes to black ... and above all, it is safer than OLED, because it will not burn out.

I am thinking mainly about the Samsung QN95A and Samsung QN800A models - in the 85-inch version. The former gets great reviews, while the latter has few opinions, reviews etc. It is a bit better in theory and has a resolution of 8k.

I am wondering about qn95a, but I think if I am going to spend about 4500 eur on a TV set so I want it to use min. 5 years or more, maybe it's worth adding the 700-800 eur to the QN800AT, and the TV will last longer - because it will have a resolution of 8k.

What do you think about it? Which of these two models should you choose? Or maybe some other?

I can not find information anywhere, how many backlight zones the above-mentioned Samsung models have ... does anyone have any information? Does the QN800AT have more than the QN95A?

Or maybe it's worth waiting for LG QNED? It is said to have better specifications than Samsung. But it will also be much more expensive ...

As I mentioned, I would rather choose MiniLed technology than OLED - I would like to buy a TV set for more years.

I'm sorry for my English. I would like to ask you for advice - because I can see that avforum is very competent and has smart users. Unfortunately, there aren't Polish forums where I can find reliable information and advice :(

Dodgexander

MiniLED is just a means to light an LCD TV, its not the miniLEDs that make the difference, but how many zones a TV has, and how well its local dimming works.

For example, the 2019 Samsung Q90R will outperform many MiniLED TVs, despite not having the smaller LEDs.

How much does it matter to you about value for money? Typically I advise people to not buy newly released models right now because they are so expensive upon release, and instead to buy 2020 stock at a discount.

The TVs that come to mind would be the Sony XH9505 or Samsung Q95T at larger sizes.

8k is a waste, you pay for more pixels but tend to get a worse TV. The QN800A performs worse than the QN90A, in fact, even the QN900A does.

LGs LCD TVs are far off the mark, they don't compare well to other brands. Really you want to look at LG for OLEDs only nowadays.

MiniLED is just a means to light an LCD TV, its not the miniLEDs that make the difference, but how many zones a TV has, and how well its local dimming works.

For example, the 2019 Samsung Q90R will outperform many MiniLED TVs, despite not having the smaller LEDs.

How much does it matter to you about value for money? Typically I advise people to not buy newly released models right now because they are so expensive upon release, and instead to buy 2020 stock at a discount.

The TVs that come to mind would be the Sony XH9505 or Samsung Q95T at larger sizes.

8k is a waste, you pay for more pixels but tend to get a worse TV. The QN800A performs worse than the QN90A, in fact, even the QN900A does.

LGs LCD TVs are far off the mark, they don't compare well to other brands. Really you want to look at LG for OLEDs only nowadays.

I'm also leaning towards the QN95A for its all-round capability and anti-reflective features. Just hesitant on the price at the moment, and wondering when they are likely to start reducing.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom