Which TV to buy?

alihire

Novice Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon all. I’m new here and looking for some advice on buying a new TV.

We’re looking to replace our old LCD, a 32” Samsung of about 10 years old. It still gives a decent picture, but we want slightly bigger and something with newer, better technology for a better picture.

Size wise, something in the 40”+ category is ideal, 50” would probably be too large.

We have no interest whatsoever in 3D capability. We never will.

We also don’t need ‘Smart’ TV functionality as we have TiVo with Netflix and I have no need to browse Facebook on my TV. However, I appreciate that most new TVs seem to be ‘Smart’, so if buying a Smart TV gets us a better quality or better specification of TV then we’ll look at that.

With regard to our viewing habits we tend to watch your typical popular series (House of Cards, Game of Thrones, etc.) and films. I watch a bit of Sport now and again but I wouldn’t say I’m an avid viewer. I have an Xbox 360 and play occasionally.

We do need the TV to have sound. Doesn’t have to be anything special but we aren’t going to be getting a soundbar or anything like that.

Budget; under £500.

Go for 48" if you can, you will soon get used to the size, the tvs jump from 42 to 48"............. & 46" would have been ideal if they made them.

Freeview HD, 100 Hz and 1080p will be minimum you need .......................... and with the jump in size from 32", you will notice the Picture Quality has to be better.

You could go cheaper and lose the Picture Quality , which is a must in my book.

Currys | TVs, Washing Machines, Cookers, Cameras, Laptops

Thanks, any specific recommendations based on the above?

You say 100Hz, that's to do with motion, right? Is it a case of more Hz=better?

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom