Which TV to buy......

normylad

Novice Member
Reaction score
My trusty Panasonic TH-42PX70P has just packed in. After reading hundreds of reviews etc etc I've narrowed it down to either the Sony KDL-50W829 or the Panasonic TX-50AS650B. I'm on the verge of parting with my cash (sometime next week) so any suggestions to which is the better of the two ? or even throw me a curved ball and suggest a different TV (for under £1000).

Funny that, my 37PX70 started dying last week, although may be fighting back as seems to have cured itself after being turned off for a couple of days. It just started going nuts with tv info, menus continuously popping on the screen, then turning itself off.

I'm also considering the w829, looked good in John Lewis today, although the missus prefers the Sammy H6400.

I ended up buying the Panasonic TX-47AS650B. Got a very good deal at Direct TVs at Huddersfield, 'in-store' price of £749.99, £100 cash-back from Panasonic and a free 5 year guarantee, very pleased... and a damn good telly :)

The picture is much better than my old plasma once you have got the hang of tweaking the settings, the Panasonic presets aren't much use, not sure why they even bother. Pictures are clear, crisp and colours (once set correctly) are excellent, I've turned off the 'Intelligent Frame Correction', just makes SKY Movies look like Stuttering Soap Operas. One thing I have noticed is a very slight shadowing at the screen corners when a bright scene is being viewed, having not had an LED before I wasn't sure if this is 'normal', still doing a bit of research on the subject.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom