which tv to buy?

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by markie1966, Jan 2, 2012.

1. markie1966

markie1966
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    right here goes...

im about to take the plunge and buy a new tv for the living room and upgrading from a crt (stop laughing) which has served me well for the past 8 years or so

trouble is i dont know what the best sets are to look at

ideally id like it to be a 46" or 50" set and i have a budget of around £800 and it will be used mostly for watching telly ....the odd blue ray (maybe 3 or 4 a week) and..in the future..a little bit of gaming. id prefer it to be 3d so it will be future proof for a good few years

still cant decide if led or plasma is better tho

been looking at the panasonics and particulary the p50st30 but i have noticed threads stating theres a green tinge issue with some panasonics and i dont really want to be getting the set changed every 6 months

today i have noticed a samsung ue46d6100 on sale in currys

anyone any ideas or suggestions cos my heads pickled trying to work out what to go for :confused:

many thanks in advance

2. pazz

pazz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I would suggest beginning by reading the reviews which are found in the subsection of the AVForums TV section (one directory up from this). Also read reviews from others sources such as HDTV Reviews – LCD TV & Plasma Television Display Rating.

The D6000's from Samsung are believed to have issues with poor 3D performance.

3. vickster

vickster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,921