• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Which TV to buy...

Reedy

Standard Member
Hey guys,

I am looking to buy a new TV but I cannot make my mind up on which TV to buy!

I am going to be purchasing a TV from the website: http://www.electronicworldtv.co.uk/

I am looking to purchase a 50 inch television (If they are really poor I am willing to go down to 47/46 but I would prefer a 50), with full HD (1080p) with at least two HDMI sockets and Freeview built in. I have a budget of £700, I did not think that there would be many TVs in that price range but there are a lot of TVs to choose from!

I am also not sure if a plasma TV or a LCD TV would be best for me. I will be using the TV for the following things:
  • HD Gaming (Playstation 3, Xbox 360 etc)
    No more than 5 hours at a time
  • Watching Freeview
    Between 4 and 12 hours a day
  • Watching movies
    Blueray and standard DVDs
I have heard a lot about burn in and image retention problems with plasma but I have also heard a lot about the much greater picture quality that you get with plasmas compared to LCDs.

Any advice you can give me on which TV to get would be great! I am hoping to purchase/order the TV in the next couple of hours so fast replies would be great!

Thanks in advance!

celticdaz

Established Member
I've had a 720P 42" plasma for almost 4 years.

I've used it for gaming, SD and HD viewing.

I've just bought a 1080P 50"...plasma!

Guess what I'd recommend to you!

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom