Which TV to buy? Confused

Tucker15

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, please forgive this request - tried to read the guidance but I'm a complete novice at all this.

Looking for a new TV. Ideally 50 or 55 inch. Budget of £430. Main things that are important to me are viewing angles, decent sound and motion handling for watching football.

LG, Samsung or possibly Hisense seem the be most recommended.

Have looked at the Hisense U7Q at £449 and I could push my budget if it's worthwhile.

Would welcome any recommendations?

You’d be better off with an IPS panel for motion and wider viewing angles. Sound is quite subjective really, can’t see an issue with any TV if you’re not hard of hearing and close to the tv and aren’t looking for immersive surround sound, not really a must for football!

You’d be better off with an IPS panel for motion and wider viewing angles. Sound is quite subjective really, can’t see an issue with any TV if you’re not hard of hearing and close to the tv and aren’t looking for immersive surround sound, not really a must for football!

Thanks vickster. Could you direct me to a TV that has an IPS panel? Would LG TVs have these?

Thanks vickster. Could you direct me to a TV that has an IPS panel? Would LG TVs have these?
The buyers guide specifies, it depends on screen size

Panasonic HX800 series is a good place to head to prices look good at the moment.

49” LGs have IPS, 50” screens are VA

Good advice already, your preferences point toward a 49" LG or Sony.
Panasonic HX800 series is a good place to head to prices look good at the moment.
A very expensive TV with budget specs and narrow viewing angles, definitely not recommended for the OP. Also not recommended (but cited) in my guide since its price is exceptionally high for a TV with poor specifications.

Good advice already, your preferences point toward a 49" LG or Sony.

A very expensive TV with budget specs and narrow viewing angles, definitely not recommended for the OP. Also not recommended (but cited) in my guide since its price is exceptionally high for a TV with poor specifications.
Fair point at rrp prices of this model are falling fast. Most reviews give it the 👍for an everyday tv at the rrp.

Fair point at rrp prices of this model are falling fast. Most reviews give it the 👍for an everyday tv at the rrp.
Yeah I'm well aware of the reviews, have read them and still can't understand why its recommended when it costs so much. There are things it does right, but you still can't ignore its budget-end specs like low peak brightness and 60hz panel.

It's better to buy a cheap budget TV in value for money than it is to buy this model.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom