• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

which tv?? Sony kd55x8509c or lg 55uf850v

SavorettiMoretti

Established Member
I just bought the Sony. It seems pretty decent so far. The android system is a plus

SavorettiMoretti

Established Member

mushtafa

Established Member
Following this....

I'm so close to pulling the trigger on the 55UF850V or even the 55UF860V, but I want to make sure this is the best for the money

risheet03

Established Member
I'd also like to know which one to go for. Motion handling is important for me as I watch a lot of sport and I get a lot of banding dirty screen effect on my 6 year old LG 47".

plexwasps

Established Member
Well hinge have changed a little as I need a new to asap. Is there any video I can use that would test both TVs??, also I have been reading that the Sony doesn't play 5.1 through most of there apps on the set. Although not a big thing now, it will be in the next year.

Last edited:

mushtafa

Established Member
I tried the upscale 3d briefly and its OK, I don't have any native 3d content at the moment.
The only sport I watch is F1, not tested that

mushtafa

Established Member
I did like the look of the Sony, especially once I realised it supported HDR. But the 3d is active rather than passive - my partner has trouble with the active glasses.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom