Which TV shall I buy

monty71

Standard Member
Watching Heroes last night with the wife & suddenly the screen went cloudy then black Shocked
Mrs & I looked at each other & thought what the hell! :rolleyes:
Tried un plugging it to see a change but nothing And to make things worse we brought it over a year ago (Aug 06) so the shop won't change it.
So I looked on the net for the problem on AV Forums & it was a common fault in that model Toshiba twl42
But they said when it happened to them they phoned Toshiba & they will give u a uplift number & the shop will change it.
So this morning I phoned & they did exactly that So I can spend the same value or more & pay the difference.

So I want to thank you guys for your help :clap: :)

Now my question is what TV should I go for, should I go for LCD or plasma?
My DVD player & home theatre is panasonic so I was looking at this
http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/conte...PZ85B~dept~ctv~subdept~PLASMA~brand~panasonic. htm
But I know some of you like your gadgets & might know better so please help?
I don't know what the Mrs & I will do with out our tv

So could u recomend a new one with £1,500 to play with give or take :lease: :thumbsup:

nbat58

At what distance will you be viewing from, viewing conditions (ie: bright or dark room) and what will you be using it for mainly?

Mr.Glass

Standard Member
I think you should buy a S/H 26" sony CRT.
I could let you have mine for only £1499 + free Delivery :D

Seriously though:
Panisonic or Pioneer seem to be the top two manufacturers for Plasma.

Don't know much about LCD's only heard:
they are smaller for the same money.
Don't Handle fast moving images as good as plasma.
Blacks are not as deep.
On the upside:
LCD's use less power
Better for brightly lit rooms
Slimmer and lighter.

I was going to order a Panisonic but streached by budget to a Pioneer :cool:

audiphile76

I think you should buy a S/H 26" sony CRT.
I could let you have mine for only £1499 + free Delivery :D

I think i can give 28" for that sort of money. And oh yeah...free delivery:D

On the upside:
LCD's use less power
Better for brightly lit rooms
Slimmer and lighter.

While LCDs are working on getting better blacks and better motion handling, plasma have been working on getting their panels lighter and use of lesser power consumption(average consumption). Atleast its true with Panasonic, dunno bout other manufacturers.

vipergrm

If you wanted full HD and if you could go a little bigger then the Pansonic 46PZ80 or PZ85 can be had for around £1,350. This is a plasma forum so the folk on here are only going to recommend plasmas obviously :smashin:

If you wanted the best TV for £1,500 then go for the Pioneer 428XD (not full HD but shouldn't matter). :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom