Which TV services do you use in your home? (Tick all which apply)

Which TV services do you use in your home? (Tick all which apply)

• None

Votes: 15 1.2%
  • BT Vision

Votes: 31 2.4%
  • Freesat

Votes: 230 18.0%
  • Freeview

Votes: 703 54.9%
  • ESPN Sports

Votes: 149 11.6%
  • Sky+

Votes: 316 24.7%
  • Sky HD

Votes: 528 41.3%
  • Standard Sky

Votes: 111 8.7%
  • Sky Mobile

Votes: 35 2.7%
  • Terrestrial (Analogue) TV

Votes: 160 12.5%
  • Tiscali TV

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Top Up TV

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Virgin TV & V+ HD

Votes: 163 12.7%
  • Virgin TV Standard

Votes: 71 5.5%
  • Other Service (please specify)

Votes: 56 4.4%

• Total voters

SIMO

Sky HD and Sky+ in the kids room.
ESPN sports package as well for another month but just don't get the time to watch it.

D

dovercat

Used to have Sky+ with movies package, but did not watch it enough to justify the cost.

Freeview set top box and 32" widescreen crt in living room, with DVD player and VCR.

84"x47.5" projector screen in home cinema room, linked to motorized satellite sytem, DVD/HardDrive recorder and VCR.

Other: Motorized satellite system for TV from around the world.
Televes 1mtr dish (102x113cm, Gain at 11GHz 40.5dB, Beamwidth 1.98degrees) Televes 0.5dB LNB (gain 57dB, discrimination 25dB, oscillator stability +/-2MHz, phase noise [email protected]) Moteck 2100 Diseqc Manhattan XT-F Receier (vantage receiver would be better). Tracks satellite arc 45west to 53east.

Other:
Rather than pay for TV, I rent boxsets from the local library of TV series <£3.75 a season or using Blockbuster voucher rental ~£0.10, get new films from Blockbuster using multirental offers <£2.50 a film or cheaper using voucher offers.
I buy most of my film/tv shows from the many local charity shops, so pick up complete sets of all seasons of old tv series like Buffy, X-files, StartTreck TNG/DS9/VOG/ENT, etc for peanuts on video tape <£0.10 a tape. Films I get on DVD a few months to a year or two after they are available new in shops for ~£1. Occasionally I will buy stuff on ebay watch it then resell it.

ChorleyMatt

Novice Member
I've clicked other as we now have a Std Def setup on a motorised dish. Not exactly "Freesat" but we get all their (SD) channels without the convenience of the EPG. Obviously get many othe channels from various satellites dotted around the skies and subscribe to a foreign provider for my football coverage. I have a HD sat tuner in my HTPC but haven't got around to adding extra feeds form the dish yet.

Prior to that we had Virgin V+, I do miss the clean images their box provided - lovely, but limited, HD and a very good upscaled SD pic - providing the source was up to the job.

kpfc21

Standard Member
Hi

Got Sky HD, cool for movies.
Sky + its just ok.

I think overall, sky is the big fish but its overpriced.

If you could use one of these suppliers for any movie at any time,
that could be a winner.

TimeLord

other.... xbox 360 to stream movies from my pc, may buy a wd tv live soon too.360 just died :mad:

Paul_Blythe

Novice Member
Occasionally use iPlayer, other than that none ... CD, DVD (dvd-audio & SACD) and BDP hooked to PJ and separates hi-fi cine' system.

cooperda

the last option 'Other Please Specify'

I expected a secondary box to open on that one - none did.

So my 'Other' was an 'old Sky box' getting only the 'free-to-air' channels

Cheers, cooperda (daveac)

OuchEHT

Standard Member
There is no way I am going to pay Murdoch and his like to watch TV programmes which are full of adverts! They get paid twice! I can be smug though - I no longer have a family to bully me into having Sky :smashin:

tvbox

Distinguished Member
There is no way I am going to pay Murdoch and his like to watch TV programmes which are full of adverts! They get paid twice! I can be smug though - I no longer have a family to bully me into having Sky :smashin:
+1... still hesitant to get sky. Especially the rip off sport packages. The normal £1 packages are actually good value, but come in sport/movies/HD... no thanks.

Freeview/freesat makes more sense. :smashin:

Why is analogue in the poll? The digital switchover only happened on 4th december?