Question Which TV Samsung 65MU8000 or Panasonic DX902

masterell

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just really looking for some advice. I've found the Samsung 65MU8000 for £1200 which I'm told is a massive bargain for that TV. However, I've also been offered the Panasonic DX902 for £2000. For the price is it worth paying the extra £800 for the Panasonic?

Hard choice when the 65DX902 has been on Panasonic's official refurb store on eBay for £1500.

I guess it depends what you will use the TV for. If you plan on having lots of HDR sources and value HDR PQ then the Panasonic is a no-brainer, the MU8000 is a mid range TV with HDR limited to better colour only and poor levels of peak HDR brightness whilst the Panasonic is a high range one, this makes a big difference in things such as HDR colour volume, accuracy and brightness+local dimming.

But sheer value that is a tremendous price for the MU8000 right now, but thats only because 2017 models such as the MU8000 are overpriced right now.

Hi,

Just really looking for some advice. I've found the Samsung 65MU8000 for £1200 which I'm told is a massive bargain for that TV. However, I've also been offered the Panasonic DX902 for £2000. For the price is it worth paying the extra £800 for the Panasonic?
Pay the extra £800 the DX902 is a fantastic tv and you may end up regretting it if you buy the Samsung

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom