1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which tv? Quandry

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by ccfc1972, Apr 12, 2005.

1. ccfc1972

ccfc1972
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, I need new tv. I thought this would be easy so I set about checking the web, online shops, ebay etc to see what the best option was. I didn't think it was possible to get this confused.

I have around £1,000 to spend, could possibly stretch up to about £1,200. I was going to go for a plasma, but it seems the lower end screens aren't that great, then there's all the messing around with tuners, imputs, whatever so after more searching I decided a rear projection was the way forward. A nice Sony KF42SX300 going on ebay for around £800. Ideal I thought. Then I read on another forum that rear-projection tvs are a nightmare to watch football on, which really is no good for me.

I guess the question is are all rear-projection tvs bad for watching football on, especially through a sky+ box? I can't go for an old CRT, just too big and bulky, so am I back to plasma? If so, can I get a decent one for around £1,200 with all the necessary set-up?

If someone could recommend the ideal tv for a 30something, football addict, obsessed by big screen viewing for around the £1,000-£1,200 mark I'd be very, very grateful.

Any ideas?

2. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    What size of screen do you want? At your budget a 32" LCD is as big as you can really go. Is that OK? If so there are a few available within your budget...or close...

If you are looking at 40" plus then it would have to be a plasma or a rear pro...Yuk.

Jimmy