Which TV? Panasonic or Sony

warbzo

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hey all, newbie here. :cool:

I'm wondering if anyone could help me out on choosing a new TV for my bedroom. I've been looking for a HDTV for a while now but I just can't decide, so I thought I would sign up and seek help. :)

I'm either going to be getting a Sony Bravia KDL40V4000 1080P LCD, or a Panasonic TH-42PZ80B 1080P Plasma. I've read many good reviews about the V4000, and have came to learn that there is something very desirable about Sony's BE (Bravia Engine), not to mention the design is stunning in itself, where as the Panasonic leaves a bit to be desired. But the Plasma has 100Hz Technology, and 24p Playback, and considering I would be watching a lot of football, I was told the 100Hz would help quite a bit?

Anyway, would I get more out of the Plamsa, or the LCD? I will be using it for Blu-Ray movies, High-Def gaming (PS3) and watching a lot of sports.

Any sort of help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Best advice is to go and see if somewhere will set the two up side by side and let you watch TV rather than the usual demo blueray they play. I haven't found an LCD yet in that size that looks better than a plasma and the Vreal3 is every bit a match for BE2. :)

Best advice is to go and see if somewhere will set the two up side by side and let you watch TV rather than the usual demo blueray they play. I haven't found an LCD yet in that size that looks better than a plasma and the Vreal3 is every bit a match for BE2. :)
Thanks very much. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom