1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which TV or plasma would you buy if you had the money?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Lizzard, Jan 17, 2002.

1. Lizzard

Lizzard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you had the money to choose whatever between these following products, which one would you choose and why?

1.Toshiba 56" 56WH08
    2.Sony 61" KP-61PS2
    3.Pioneer 503HDE 50" Plasma
    4.Hitachi 55" C55WP910TN
    5.Seleco 420Plus CRT projector
    6.Seleco 500HD CRT Projector
    7.Refurbished Barco Graphics/Data 801 CRT projector

Please tell why you would pick that one.

All opinions welcome.

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,909
    None of the above.

I'd certainly have a front projector, plus a very basic and small widescreen TV. Projector for films, TV for current affairs, soaps, whatever.

And the projector - well I'm a committed VW10HT user and, having seen a number of state-of-the-art setups at "the event" I wouldn't change this view (well, actually, if I was buying now, I'd be checking out the VW11).

I still LIKE the picture produced by LCD devices more than that produced by others. That's my choice, and I don't expect it necessarily to be yours. Every technology has some shortcoming (yes - refurbished CRT FPs included), and your preference is determined by your own tolerance for whatever these shortcomings are. All I would say is, don't discount any technology on the basis of others' views until you have seen them and made up your own mind. If you have already done exactly this, then fine. If not, then use others' views to establish what to look for in each technology, and then go and look for it to see whether you can live with it. Then choose.

3. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,556
    none....i recently had a demo of a NEC 60" plasma, and it awesome, i even had trouble dragging the girl friend away!!

It had good contrast, brightness, rock steady, crystal clear.....what more do you want....oh yes....100" picture.....well can't have everything!

She wanted me to buy it there and then.....must of thought i was rich or something!