Which tv on a £600 budget.

JProc

Standard Member
Hi all, as title i've got a budget of between £500-£600 for a new tv. Either plasma or led, the main things the tv will be used for are watching Sky+ HD, gaming and dvd/bluray, i've just got a 3D bluray player as a birthday present, so will be needing a 3D tv :D

I would like 42" or above and if led preferably one with passive 3D, i've had a look round and only one i've seen that looks good in my price range is the LG LM620T, if i could find a decent plasma for the price i would be interested, i'm just wary of ir as i game for a fair few hours. Hopefully you knowledgeable people can help me out :).

JProc

Standard Member
Just to bump the thread as i'm close to wanting to buy a new tv, and any suggestions would be appreciated. For the money the LG is still looking likely, but i'm not ruling out a plasma its just i'm struggling to find any, for this sort of budget is a decent 42" plasma possible?

vickster

Distinguished Member
Panasonic 42UT50 is under £600 on Amazon - lots of feedback and also a review of the 50" on here. Active though, no plasmas have passive 3D. Help in plasma forum as to how to avoid IR

JProc

Standard Member
Never thought of the UT, always been looking at the ST and GT. Thought you'd found me a new tv then, but the sticking points are only 2 hdmi ports (need 4) and the extra cost of 3D glasses. Though i knew that would be the case with plasmas, i'll keep the UT50 in mind though as it does look a very good tv for the money.

vickster

Distinguished Member
Can get switcher for the HDMIs and might find a deal with glasses - look at TPS (in Manchester)

JProc

Standard Member
Suppose i could get a switcher, cheers for the help. Think its down to the old debate of led vs. plasma then, so far seems to be the LG 42LM620T or the Panasonic TX-P42UT50B. Both have pros and cons, i'm going to try and demo both tv's and try and do a bit more reading up on both, have a look in owners threads.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom