Which TV/monitor for pc/PS5 that is above 34”

Kehaan

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello

So i have been using a Asus 34" pg348q monitor for both my PC and PS4 Pro to game on. I have been happy with it, but i want a bigger screen, mainly in the height. I have been looking at the LG CX 48" to use as a Monitor for pc+PS5 (Yes i know the risk of burn-in)

However reading up on OLED, it seems like some people have issues (atleast on ealier version) with "judder" or stuttering on 30 FPS games. As the games i play is mainly on that framerate, i am ofcouse a little concerned. Regarding that.

I have then looked at the Asus PG43UQ instead which is VA :( But it also seems to have a lot of issues.

Do any of you have another suggestion or input? I need a 4K display, above 100hz. And larger than my 34” IPS display. I am used to ips, which i do not have any issues with besides the size being too small.

Thanks

- Kehaan

LG Nano 86 is the only TVs apart from the CX to support 100hz/120hz signal at 4k available smaller than 55". The Nano series unfortunately use IPS tech though, which makes them poor HDR TVs.

Not sure why you view VA as a bad thing though, HDR is going to be more impressive on a TV using a VA type panel than IPS. In the TV world VA>IPS. IPS displays are not suited for HDR use, they already struggle with backlight bleed when fed with SDR levels of brightness, let alone HDR.

I haven't really kept up with computer monitors themselves, but last I checked there are none that abide to a good enough to use HDR without problems. The best is probably the Philips 436M6VBPAB because it has local dimming, but it is also not without its faults and lacks more up to date HDMI connectivity.

To cut a long story short, if you want the TV to be future proof in the sense of having HDMI 2.1 connectivity, and you also want the TV to be able to cope well with HDR, then you need the CX.

A update.
I ended of buying the LG CX 48”. Sadly I had to return it as I had neck pain and eye strain from using it. Mainly eye strain that gave me headaches.

So I guess I should be looking at something most likely in the 43” range, 4K and a good panel type.
I did look at some monitors from Asus that was 43” but they seemed to have a lot of issues with ghosting.

aould a Sony XH85 or XH80 be a good idea for my needs?

I am around 70-90cm away from the monitor. But if I am playing games I can be up to 2.5m back.

thanks

There are no TVs with VRR at smaller sizes. The Sony XH85 and Panasonic HX940 are the only 43" models to run 120hz panels. They should do 1080p at 120hz and maybe 1440p 120hz too with a custom resolution.

They are both using IPS type panels, and thus are not good choices if you want to use HDR. Then again, no 43" TV can really cope with HDR. There's nothing but low to mid options now at smaller sizes. The Philips monitor I mentioned above will be better, as would the Asus 43" one.

There are no TVs with VRR at smaller sizes. The Sony XH85 and Panasonic HX940 are the only 43" models to run 120hz panels. They should do 1080p at 120hz and maybe 1440p 120hz too with a custom resolution.

They are both using IPS type panels, and thus are not good choices if you want to use HDR. Then again, no 43" TV can really cope with HDR. There's nothing but low to mid options now at smaller sizes. The Philips monitor I mentioned above will be better, as would the Asus 43" one.
I think I would be ok with something that is not 100hz or above now :) But yea seems to only be midrange displays at 43” :(

Mostly low end, the Sony and Panasonic are probably closer to low end specs than mid. Only thing mid range about them is the 120hz panels :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom