Which Tv Manufacturer has the best Tv Apps

martkt10

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello All

Thinking about buying a new 100hz tv, but with all these tvs now having apps on them, which
company has the best/most

I have a Samsung tv 2010 LE46C580, it has basic dlna , no wifi, but has a 10/100 ethernet , but no app's, so while the sales are on thought i would look to see if there is anything about the same size as mine, but with a few " Gizmos " on it to, don't want 3d, gives me headaches or 4k

Thank you for any advice you pass my way in advance

Samsung or LG.

The H6400 is a cracking TV for the price. I have a 40" version and have just bought a 55" for the living room. I watch 3D on neither, just a few 3D clips when I bought them out of curiosity.

The 40" 6400 is out of stock @ JL now. Is it being replaced or do you think it will come back into stock? I've got a £50 JL voucher and was settling on it over the 5500 having read comments on here and the What Hifi review.

Thanks for any opinions! NS

It's out of stock online, you could try in store. Might come back, might not depending on whether JL have more ordered. It won't be replaced exactly for a couple of months but production will cease in January

I'm sorry but i can't watch 3D tv's they make me quite unwell, so it would have to be a tv with NO 3D on it, just in case

You will not be able to watch accidentally as far as I know, need a 3d source and glasses. When I've had sky on the 3d channel accidentally while scrolling through, it's immediately obvious as the screen is split into two

I don't think you'll find a tv with no 3d functionality and a 100hz native screen

The samsung h5500 for example has clearmotion processing but 50hz screen

But then it's not in 3D! Not until you select the 3D button.

I don't have a 3d tv. My point was you can't accidentally watch 3d

I don't have a 3d tv. My point was you can't accidentally watch 3d
Can you explain what the difference is between a 50hz and 100hz , as really im just looking for a smart tv that has youtube kind apps on it, without getting a set top box

thanks

It's the refresh rate of the panel. Google is your friend

The higher rate, motion handling should be smoother

The H5500 should suit you fine, built in wifi et al

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom