Which TV manufacturer for ease of use/Smart/Apps

Harkon321

After a 55" TV for the kitchen/diner/family area.

It is a bright room with a wide viewing angle and there is a dedicated cinema room with projector next door. So instead of going straight to OLED for the best picture I'm looking for something that will have all the Apps built in - Netflix/Prime/Now TV/iPlayer/Sky News so I don't have to use a Roku box.

Sound will be via ARC to a Denon 2400 with Monitor Audio Apex speakers.

Do all TVs have all of these things built in or is it pot luck? Are some operating systems still buggy as those I'd wat to avoid.

Tonycv51

I only have experience of Samsung and Sony, not LG. Both have all of those apps with the exception of Sky News, though Now TV has only just arrived on Android. You can watch the sky news channel in the Now TV app, but there's no specific news app on either TV from Sky. On android it shows as not compatible with the TV on the playstore, and is not available on Samsung TVs.

Aside from Sky News issue, the Sony link to Youview for some terrestrial catch up apps can be a faff but iplayer works without youview. I find both Sony Android and Samsung very usable smart TVs, so it would price and spec for me - for a bright room ideally you'd go FALD

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom