Which TV LG OLED55B7V or Sony KD-55XE9005

benbfc

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking for a main TV for the lounge to be viewed at circa 2.3 metres distance.

Basically the above TV's would seem to be good choices for future proofing, picture quality (i have Sky Q with UHD).

There is a £700 lead to OLED over the Sony. Is this justifiable will i notice the difference? Any thoughts welcomed!

Thanks

Ben

You will notice a difference between TVs for sure, I doubt you will see a difference beween FHD and UHD at that kind of viewing distance though. Optimal viewing distance for UHD at 55" is about 1.2m.

Thanks Dodge, the LG gets some fantastic reviews and would seem to offer absolutely everything in terms of technology at this time. The jump in price is considerable however this is a 10 year TV i am hoping to probably worth investing.

The other thing on the Sony is the power brick which is another issue to think of when wall mounting..

Give it time and both TVs will come down a reasonable amount. Black friday will bring reductions and then they will fall in price from then until spring next year with ups and downs on the way. Earlier this year the B6 could be had for £1500. By black friday last year it could be had for £1750 with retail discount codes and cashback.

Thanks for the advice. Sound. I am in no rush. i am re-hashing the lounge, the sofas ordered today on a 7 week lead so lets hope there are some flash sales around then...!

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom