Which TV is the biggest bargain if you compare UK prices to Dutch prices?

Neo319

Standard Member
Reaction score
This saturday, I'm looking to buy either a

- Hitachi 42PD7200: 1799 euro = 1240 pounds

- Hitachi 42PD9700: 2429 euro = 1675 pounds

- Panasonic PV60 (is PX60 without digital tuner): 2139 euro = 1475 pounds

Besides your own choice, I'd like to know if there's a set within these three that is considerably cheaper than in the UK. Thanks in advance for your time.

Why not buy the Panny PX60 from the UK can be had for around 1300 quid!!!

bu5ter said:
Why not buy the Panny PX60 from the UK can be had for around 1300 quid!!!

Made a mistake with that one I'm afraid. I can find it somewhere for 1130 pounds (1630 euro) but it's not a Dutch model. Dutch models go for 2139 euro (1475 pounds)! Which is quite a big difference... :(

And buying it without extended warranty is something i won't do anymore after my faulty 6600!

After the pricechange, would you still prefer the Panny to the 9700?

Neo319 said:
Made a mistake with that one I'm afraid. I can find it somewhere for 1130 pounds (1630 euro) but it's not a Dutch model. Dutch models go for 2139 euro (1475 pounds)! Which is quite a big difference... :(

And buying it without extended warranty is something i won't do anymore after my faulty 6600!

After the pricechange, would you still prefer the Panny to the 9700?

Are you in Holland?, would the sound on a UK model work in Holland?

Why wouldnt the sound work??? I originally got a german/french model of the PX60 from Krish AV in Chiswick which i took back for that reason...the only difference was it did not have the 7day programme guide on the freeview and the channels where all in the wrong order

bu5ter said:
Why wouldnt the sound work??? I originally got a german/french model of the PX60 from Krish AV in Chiswick which i took back for that reason...the only difference was it did not have the 7day programme guide on the freeview and the channels where all in the wrong order

That's weird. The channels I can imagine, but sound is sound. It's not decoded in anyway, or is it? Sounds to me (no pun intended) that it was just broken...

bu5ter said:

can't give you the definitive technical reason but I believe it's to do with the sound carrier frequency, I had a portbale TV I used in Holand a few years ago, when I brought it back to the UK the picture was fine but no sound, there was a minor component change needed to make it compatible with the UK system.

boksbox said:
can't give you the definitive technical reason but I believe it's to do with the sound carrier frequency, I had a portbale TV I used in Holand a few years ago, when I brought it back to the UK the picture was fine but no sound, there was a minor component change needed to make it compatible with the UK system.

Interesting, I've never heard that. But I'll take that into consideration when I visit your country. ;)

Neo319 said:
Interesting, I've never heard that. But I'll take that into consideration when I visit your country. ;)

It was only a cheap portable maybe modern multiple country TVs will be OK

boksbox said:

The reason is that UK uses PAL-I system, Holland uses PAL B/G.
Most modern TV would have both standards, but you can better check first -If they support PAL B/G and I, then it will work in The Netherlands and UK.

Television Standards by Country:
http://www.kropla.com/tv.htm

P.S. This is only in case that you want to use analogue signals.(From 30 October 2006 not available in Holland anymore).If you use Sat. receiver should work anyway.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom