Which TV is the best 'all-rounder' Panasonic TX-58HX800B or Philips 58PUS9005

Communitykev

Novice Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of a 58" TV screen because its quite a jump to 65" (I currently have a 55"). The prospect of the ambilight feature on Philips TV's sounds really attractive, coupled with a generally consistent picture performance reviews. The Panasonic TV gets very solid reviews everywhere I have looked. Definitely want the Dolby Vision. I have a good Yamaha soundbar so sound performance is not an issue. The Panasonic is currently sitting at £699 and the Philips at £629. I would welcome the thoughts of those who have experience of either......or just a viewpoint.
Thanks.

I'd set your sights a bit higher than these if you want to use HDR. Both will accept the signal, but not display it without the picture being too dark or washed out.
See the guide for recommendations: New My best value TVs, 2020-2021 Edition

High tier is best for HDR, with the least amount of issues. There's not much value for money in low tier models, so its best to buy as cheap as you can. Spending £600-700 is just too much for a budget TV. The only one that may be worth the extra is the Hisense U7Q in the guide.

I'd set your sights a bit higher than these if you want to use HDR. Both will accept the signal, but not display it without the picture being too dark or washed out.
See the guide for recommendations: New My best value TVs, 2020-2021 Edition

High tier is best for HDR, with the least amount of issues. There's not much value for money in low tier models, so its best to buy as cheap as you can. Spending £600-700 is just too much for a budget TV. The only one that may be worth the extra is the Hisense U7Q in the guide.
If I'm going to have to spend more to get good HDR performance - how about stretching to the Philips 55OLED754 or 805 ?

Yup, the 55OLED754 is a 2019 model and was a best buy in last years guide. When the new TVs are released this summer it will be 2 years old. It runs basic smart TV called Saphi, by Philips.

The 55OLED805 is a 2020 model, also recommended, but in this years guide. Set to be replaced by a new range in the summer. It runs Android TV, and is a bit more premium compared to the 754.

At £1200 the Philips 55OLED805 is good value for money, but perhaps TVs like the LG BX and Panasonic HZ980 get you more picture quality per Pound. Of course they don't have amblight though.

Yup, the 55OLED754 is a 2019 model and was a best buy in last years guide. When the new TVs are released this summer it will be 2 years old. It runs basic smart TV called Saphi, by Philips.

The 55OLED805 is a 2020 model, also recommended, but in this years guide. Set to be replaced by a new range in the summer. It runs Android TV, and is a bit more premium compared to the 754.

At £1200 the Philips 55OLED805 is good value for money, but perhaps TVs like the LG BX and Panasonic HZ980 get you more picture quality per Pound. Of course they don't have amblight though.
CHEERS

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom