Which TV is better: Sony KDL46W2000 or KDL46X2000?

Abizzle

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

It might sound like a silly question (of course the X series) but here is my dilema.

Do I buy a one year old used Sony KDL46X2000 or a brand new KDL46W2000 for exactly ther same price.

The W series is newer than the X, so has it got some better features, like faster response time or newer panel.

Also Cnet.co.uk give the X series a 9.0/10 and the W series 9.3/10. This pushes the X series all the way down to 10th position overall. If the X series is better then surely it should be as good as the Pioneer at the top of the list.

Plus everyone had rave reviews of the W series, but you hardly hear anything about the X series. What gives? Will I be making a mistake getting a X series over a W series.

Thanks in advance.

Personally I would go with the X series - I have the 46 X and my dad has the 46 W and I really notice a difference in quality with the X being alot better - I think it has a better panel than the W - also the X has more functionality.

Just my thoughts.

Technically the X is better than W, then again, the W styling is less fussy... and you get a guarantee with the W

Technically the X is better than W, then again, the W styling is less fussy... and you get a guarantee with the W

I totally disagree about the styling - the w series look like any other tv where as the X series look special and expensive.

ok, about the styling, this is of course personal taste

This is what I mean. A bit of a difficult one. Which one performs better with SD?

Also with the X3000's around the corner, will I be making a mistake?

My school of thought at the moment is get onto the LCD ladder with a half decent tv like the W/X2000 for a good price ie. £1200. Then use it for 5 years, by which time the whole LCD technology will have progressed to a stage where it is 95% complete with each manufacturer just applying their yearly tweaks.

Due to the fact this technology is still in it's infancy stage, you'll be forever waiting for the next upgrade. So bite the bullet and then when settled go for the killer TV.

What do you reckon guys?

Also, is there a better alternative to these two for a similar price? Samsung or one of the Panasonic, Pioneer plasmas.

Personally the SD on X2000 looks MUCH better than the W2000.Go for the X.Also the design of the X2000 is also much better

Not sure I would buy secondhand anyway. How old are you talking? I'm not expert, but I don't think guarantees are transferable and with the problems I've read about on here with light bleads and the such on these screens it would probably be worth having a guarantee (although if its secondhand you can have a good look at it before purchasing to determine things like this?!). Difficult call. I was considering the W series, but with the arrival of the new models and the problems with the old, i'll carry on waiting (annoying as it is!).

Its mine that was for sale and it does have a transferable warranty until 2009 and it has no clouding issues/dead pixels at all - it is a Japanese built one which seems to be the better built X2000's and they exhibit far less problems

An other reason to buy the X2000

I have a new 46X2000 coming next week it looks much better than the W2000 apart from all the little things that are different. The answer to your next question is could not wait for the new models and the price is good on the X2000.

gary

I've taken the plunge and gone with the 46X2000. Lets just hope the SD pics aren't as bad as they say and touch wood there are no problems to encounter.

Hi has the KDL46X2000 arrived yet? How do you find it on SD sources?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom