Question Which TV is best to buy 50"-60" budget up to £1,000

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by jf2404, Jul 19, 2015.

1. jf2404

jf2404

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    As title really. I don't mind spending more on a TV that will be futureish proof (4k).

I'm looking for a living room TV between 50"-60" for under £1,000. It will be used for normal soaps, daily programs, sports, action films & PS4 gaming.

I've been in currys today and they pointed me towards a Samsung , lg or Panasonic. Loads to choose from & all confusing to be honest.

I'd like it to be a new 4k model, I'd prefer 3d available but don't really use it on my current TV so no biggie if it doesn't have that. Curved or flat, not fussed on which.

If any of you have one that would recommend then please let me know. I trust you guys more than a currys guy wanting to hit his weekly/monthly sales targets.

2. simonlewis

simonlewis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,757
  3. jf2404

jf2404

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Thanks. That's out of stock. Also what's this HDR v 4 K ?.

4. BM08

BM08

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +201
    Hi mate, you want to buy from RicherSounds or John Lewis if you have either stores locally? Both offer 5 or 6 year warranty with most TVs.

Just had a quick look on Richersounds website and seen this Richer Sounds (click on the purple text)

55" LG 4k, slightly over budget by £99 but there's £75 off voucher code plus 6months free 4k netflix subscription thrown in, so for the first 6months of owning it you've got loads of 4k films to test it out properly.
    I rate LG and Richersounds very highly as that's where we got our LG smart TV from about 18months ago, never had a problem with it and the customer service was brilliant, they know a lot more than anyone in currys would know!
    Also a nice feature with bigger screen LG TVs is that it comes with(most of the time) a magic remote, which lets you use the remote like a wireless mouse for a pc, you just point it at the screen to move the cursor around, very easy to use onscreen keyboards when using the smart feature.
    Of course there will be other options but my experience of LG over the past year and a half has been a very good one indeed, and I'd certainly buy another for my next TV when we go for the obligatory "size upgrade"! (And plus my soundbar is LG aswell)

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015