Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Which tv handles movement best?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by michaellundin, Apr 28, 2005.

Tags:
  1. michaellundin

michaellundin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!

I'm looking to buy a new TV. Plasma or LCD I have not yet decided but I'm mainly concerned with its capabilities to handle movement and not lag or shimmer behind moving objects. I mainly watch soccer and hockey games on tv and so this is important to me.

First of all, which technique, plasma or lcd, handles movement best?

So far I have only looked at LCD tv's such as:
    JVC LT-26C31
    Sharp Aquos LC-26GA5E
    Sharp Aquos LC-37HV4E
    Samsung LW-26A33W

- any tips on these three concerning moving pictures?

- can you recommend other screens (LCD or plasma)?

2. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +292
    You could also consider a DLP rear-projection TV. Handles movement better than LCD and plasma but will have it's own set of pros and cons to deal with.

I suggest you check out each of the relevant forums, decide which is the best technology for you and hopefully with the help of the kind people here you can shortlist a few models to demo.

3. jimg

jimg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    The Sharp LC-37HV4E is fairly old now and the current models have better software but the "GA" are hard to find as they are being replaced in the summer. THe GA5 is a bit of an odd ball as it is the entry level model, but was late to the market and is the only one you tend to see these days.
    We are coming to the end of the life of many of the main stream manufacturers products as they bring out their new 2005/6 models. Trouble is, they are often available in only small numbers to start with.
    Certainly the GA Sharps are fine for fast moving action, I have had a LC=37GA4E for 7 months and am very pleased with it.