1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which TV for Sky (via sender), DVD & X-Box?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Theresa, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Theresa

Theresa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anybody help please?

I am looking for a TV for the bedroom, to watch sky via a sender, play DVDs and play an X-box.

Will I find an acceptable LCD (23” ideally) for all that, or am I expecting too much? I would settle for a slim CRT but I haven’t found one around that size and the bedroom won’t take a monster TV.

The Sony KLV23M1 was my original choice but posters on here have described bad analogue viewing. Although I did see this ‘in the flesh’ and DVD playback very good and cheap Currys DVD.

Any help much appreciated. :lease: :lease:

Theresa

2. Matt C

Matt C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can't help you on the tv front mate, but i have a question about your sender.
    What is the quality of the feed like on senders? I know you need a high quality feed to do LCD's justice. :lease:

Reason I ask is that my mum wants an LCD in her Kitchen and a sender would be the ideal solution if the quality is good enough!

Hope someone can help you with the TV question!

3. Cyclone

Cyclone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    This is more of a reply to the sender question, but as for the tv, i'm sure someone could comment on what 23" would be suitable.

At the moment I have the Acer 26" in the bedroom which is almost too big, so a 23" I would have thought would be ideal. Yesterday I bought the AEI Digisender from Argos for £79. Maybe cheaper elsewhere, but wanted the easy option of returning it if needed.

The picture quality so far is better than I expected, I was running an RF lead from the sky box to the bedroom (was fine on the old crt) but picture was not good on the lcd. Now with the digisender it's the same as running a composite signal direct (which i'm doing with the NTL box to the LCD, and notice no difference in picture).

So basically if you are happy with the equivalent of a composite signal rather than RGB, I would say the Digisender is fine :)

Not sure what the cheaper ones are like, but the AEI seems well built, supports 2 inputs (plus both scart leads on the input have 'piggy back' connectors so you don't need spare outputs on your devices) and you get 2 'magic eyes' for the remote sender. All in all a nice package.

Oh, just one thing, not tried it yet but don't microwaves run at the same frequency as these things, so using in the kitchen may be an issue if microwaving at the same time ???

4. Matt C

Matt C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Cyclone.

I think for normal telly view that digisender sounds fine!
    :clap:

5. Cyclone

Cyclone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    No problem, hope it works ok for you. Just buy it from somewhere where you can return it easily if needed ;)

6. Theresa

Theresa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys.

That is interesting. I wondered if it was the quality of the sender. It wasn't me that had the Sony LCD and returned it due to bad sky picture via sender it was another poster.

Thanks again, just need to narrow down the TV.

Theresa