Question Which TV for PS5?

billy87mufc

Prominent Member
Reaction score
With the release of the new consoles getting closer I (for me) think it's time I start looking at which TV I am going to buy for the release of the PS5.

I currently own a 65KS8000 as my main TV but will be looking to add one to my gaming area before the release of the PS5.

I don't want anything bigger than 55". I was looking at the 49" version of the Q80T but then I read that the 49" version of this series doesn't have HDM 2.1. I have now seen that currently the 55" version is the same price so this has also caught my eye. The 55" Q90T is £300 more expensive and I'm not sure what this offers over the Q80T series.

I'm not looking to bite the bullet right now but ideally in the next few weeks. I wasn't sure whether to put this here or in the TV section but I gathered I'm probably not the only one here looking to upgrade their tv in prep for the new consoles.

Any suggestions would be most welcome!

Q80T and Q90T have game mode problems that Samsung still haven't fixed the inverse ghosting was addressed in a firmware update but if you have it in game mode with HDR after 6 mins the global dimming darkens the screen and its every 6 mins

LGCX is having problems with NVidia 3080 graphics cards and as they are the first available HDMI 2.1 source they have yet to fix that its cant do 4k120hz 4:4:4 LG have yet to fix this issue

Sony XH90 still hasnt had its HDMI 2.1 feature update

LG48CX would be a nice set.

Do any of the Sony TV's do it all currently?
I don't think so. Hdtv test on YT is worth a visit.
I think I'll buy an LG 55bx unless something else turns out that's better for similar money.

I don't think so. Hdtv test on YT is worth a visit.
I think I'll buy an LG 55bx unless something else turns out that's better for similar money.
LGBX doesnt go as bright as the LGCX by quite a margin

LGCX - the nvidia thing has been known about for a week and they have an excellent history of addressing known issues. I would have absolutely zero hesitation in buying another LG OLED.

Yep getting that time. Looking for a 75" myself, do not care about any TV gubbins (non smart-TV fine, if they exist) just want to be compatiible with appropriate video/audio outputs to get the best experience from PS5 and Xbox Series X.

That's what I'll be getting black friday.

I've been waiting years for a 48 inch oled for my 'man cave' after loving my LGC6
MIght actually pick one of those up for the bedroom...

600 nits would be better :rotfl:

LG48CX would be a nice set.
Ohhhhh, didnt realise they did a set less than 55". THis would fit perfectly on my chimney breast as anything above 50" is too big.

DOes this tick all of the next gen boxes then? 4k 120 FPS etc?

Ohhhhh, didnt realise they did a set less than 55". THis would fit perfectly on my chimney breast as anything above 50" is too big.

DOes this tick all of the next gen boxes then? 4k 120 FPS etc?

Yes I believe so (I have the 65")

amazing PQ!

LGCX - the nvidia thing has been known about for a week and they have an excellent history of addressing known issues. I would have absolutely zero hesitation in buying another LG OLED.
hopefully they will and the bandwidth limitation of 40gbps isnt the problem

This is my issue except its going beside the chimney, 48" is about the maximum screen size I can fit.

LG B9 Is £1099 in currys still

All those with OLEDS, does ABL distract you at all?

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom