Which TV for me

SyncR

Standard Member
Hi guys, I'm wanting to move over from my monitor to a nice 65" TV, my main use will be gaming (mainly PS5), however I do watch a lot of movies, anime movies and sometimes anime TV shows.

I've mainly been looking at these 3 TV's

Sony XH90 @ £950
Samsung Q80T @ £1050
Hisense U8QF @ £950

From a value perspective the Hisense seems best, I do have experience with the lower end U7QF and I do like it but it has its issues mainly judder sometimes

The Sony looks a solid choice and does get HDMI 2.1 although realistically I can't see current consoles ever pushing [email protected] but other benefits of 2.1 would be welcome I guess.

Finally the Samsung, from videos I've seen when it's compared to Sony it looks really nice and vivid in HDR content however I've also read a lot of people having issues with it which kinda puts me off

Anyway thanks in advance for any help on picking which to get

Dodgexander

There's a known issue with the U7Q and judder which can be fixed by disabling fast start up. A bug otherwise keeps auto enabling motion interpolation even when its disabled in the menu. Buy yes, whilst the U8Q is clearly the best out of the TVs you've listed, it does have some downsides, particularly a known red blur issue. The smart platform is quirky too.

It comes down to how much importance you place on HDR performance. If you want the TV to shine and be impressive with HDR and you are happy to live with some quirks the U8Q is best. If however its going to be mainly used for SDR content then one of the other options is probably better.

I'd place the Sony as the worse option, since its HDR is particularly dim (750 vs 1000 nits with the Q80T on the EU TVs. The Hisense is 1500), but its an option if motion is the biggest priority compared to everything else. It also has a know issue with blur in in 4k 120hz mode.

SyncR

Standard Member
There's a known issue with the U7Q and judder which can be fixed by disabling fast start up. A bug otherwise keeps auto enabling motion interpolation even when its disabled in the menu. Buy yes, whilst the U8Q is clearly the best out of the TVs you've listed, it does have some downsides, particularly a known red blur issue. The smart platform is quirky too.

It comes down to how much importance you place on HDR performance. If you want the TV to shine and be impressive with HDR and you are happy to live with some quirks the U8Q is best. If however its going to be mainly used for SDR content then one of the other options is probably better.

I'd place the Sony as the worse option, since its HDR is particularly dim (750 vs 1000 nits with the Q80T on the EU TVs. The Hisense is 1500), but its an option if motion is the biggest priority compared to everything else. It also has a know issue with blur in in 4k 120hz mode.

Thank you, I'll disable the fast start up on the U7QF.

I guess if I go U8QF I'm best buying it from somewhere were returns won't be a issue just incase the issues do annoy me, I know lot of content I watch or play doesn't have HDR but HDR is fast becoming norm

The latest video from AVForums

LG SP11RA Soundbar Review Coming Soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom