Which TV for £600 - Toshiba 42xv505 or Sony KDL40L4000U

piggyot306

Standard Member
Hey Guys, really stuck on this one as don't know too much about LCD tvs in general.

Which should i go for?

Toshiba 42XV505DB or Sony KDL40L4000U.. have roughly 600 quid to spend, less if poss.

would love some advice on these or even other TV models that you might suit better for the price?

Ideally I'm after a 40-42''

vickster

Distinguished Member
The Tosh is better - the Sony L models are very low end . Can get the 40" Samsung 457 model for around £630, also a reasonable option. Or even the Sony 40V4000, also very good

... HTH

piggyot306

Standard Member
Thanks Vickster, what is the samsung 457 specifically? wouldnt mind checking it out.

Just taken a quick look at the sony 40V4000 - looks pretty sweet.. but unfortunately can't find it for anywhere near my £600 budget and prob can't stretch to £700.

all in all.. for 600 quid is the Tosh 42XV505 a decent buy? :smashin::thumbsdow:smashin::thumbsdow

Cheers!

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
the 40V4000=40L4000 technically,it just has 2 HDMI instead of 3,so it clearly beats the Tosh.The only advantage of the tosh is the 2" more

piggyot306

Standard Member
the 40V4000=40L4000 technically,it just has 2 HDMI instead of 3,so it clearly beats the Tosh.The only advantage of the tosh is the 2" more

How does it clearly beat the tosh if it has less HDMI ports? do you mean the 40v4000 tv itself is better than the tosh 42xv?

anyone know the best price at the mo for the 40v4000 as it seems it's a slightly prefered tv on here than the tosh?

Last edited:

vickster

Distinguished Member
£630 Richer Sounds

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
How does it clearly beat the tosh if it has less HDMI ports? do you mean the 40v4000 tv itself is better than the tosh 42xv?

anyone know the best price at the mo for the 40v4000 as it seems it's a slightly prefered tv on here than the tosh?

the number of HDMI ports isnt essential.I mean its better in performance.Unless you are desperate for the 3rd HDMI and the different design there is no need to pay the extra for the 40V4000 vs the 40L4000

piggyot306

Standard Member
the number of HDMI ports isnt essential.I mean its better in performance.Unless you are desperate for the 3rd HDMI and the different design there is no need to pay the extra for the 40V4000 vs the 40L4000

so the only difference between the 40L and the 40V is the extra HDMI port?

do you have a list of what the V has but the L doesnt?

just want to get this right before spending out what it a lot of money for me..

overall are the sony 40L/40V both better than the Toshiba 42XV505?

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
yeah the 40V4000 adds to the 40L4000 an extra HDMI and different design.nothing else.both are better than 42XV

piggyot306

Standard Member
feels like we're going round in circles here.. so you say the sony (40L/40V, both the same?) is better and Vickster says the toshiba is better with the 40L4000 being low end!!

what's the pros/cons of each to help me make a decision between the two?

i'm looking to run; ps3/xbox360, standard dvd player, standard tv. I will also want to attach my laptop to it as I stream quite alot of football games. (saves on sky/setanta bills!)

jpr141

feels like we're going round in circles here.. so you say the sony (40L/40V, both the same?) is better and Vickster says the toshiba is better with the 40L4000 being low end!!

i'm looking to run; ps3/xbox360, standard dvd player, standard tv. I will also want to attach my laptop to it as I stream quite alot of football games. (saves on sky/setanta bills!)
Personally i would go for the sony v4000 over the L4000 because im a fussy git and like to go for the more widely available recognized and reviewed models. Although as chrisgeo says they are almost identical. By the way you can get the v4000 for £617.90 at beyond television it is out of stock at the moment but you could always ring them and ask when it will be back in stock.

vickster

Distinguished Member
I was mistaken it seems (maybe the L is only low end in the 32" screen)...ChrisGeo is far more expert than me :rolleyes: Your budget is £600, so stay in tomorrow night, save the £20 and get the V4000 with its 3 HDMI ports for £620 once back in stock ;)

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member

vickster is wrong(no offense:) ),he confuses the 40L4000 with the lower 32L4000 which is different.The 40L4000 and 40V4000 are 100% technically the same.

vickster

Distinguished Member
Indeed :oops:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom