1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which TV + DVD for £1000?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Raasy, Dec 10, 2004.

1. Raasy

Raasy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

I apologise in advance for this topic, but I have such little time to do any real research of my own.

My Great Aunt wants to buy an 'all singing all dancing' TV + DVD for my Mum's cousin (guess that makes him my 2nd cousin). The thing is he has MS and would probably have difficulty using the modern tiny controllers you get with components these days.

I'm recommending to my Aunt to spend the majority on the TV (~£900), so could you guys reccomend a nice big easy to use (non-digital) TV and maybe associated DVD player?

Many thanks in advance,

Raasy

2. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    Raasy

I have been in a somewhat similar situation and found the best route was to go for the TV/DVD and then purchase a new 'all in one' remote with large buttons (it was for my Gran who was both almost blind and bad shakes)

I personally would look at something like the panasonic tx32pd50 which you can buy online for about £885 (http://www.pricerunner.co.uk/sound-and-vision/vision/tv/234154/prices) and the dvd would be the Toshiba (not possitive but think it is) 340e which can be picked up for £80 or so and that would leave you enough for reasonable cables and a suitable all-in-one remote

3. Raasy

Raasy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thats fantastic Astaroth,

I'll pop into John Lewis on my way home and check it out.

Thankyou for taking the time to help.

Raasy