Which TV can do PAL progressive?

IanW

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Now that PAL progressive (625p) has landed, which TV sets actually support this, and has anyone actually tried it yet?

Ian.

Panasonic 32PH40 does prog scan PAL & NTSC.
Just got a prog scan DVD player and its excellent on it.
Only tried the NTSC version but will be upgrading my HK dvd25 to PAL prog scan soon so will let you know.
As far as Iknow there are no other PAL prog scan TV's on the market at the moment.
HK DVD25 is upgradable is firmware upgrade.

any 36" models??

Dont know anything about the Panasonic 32PS20, can you point us to some info ???

Thanks

AL

Spoke to Panasonic UK and they know nothing of it, perhaps its the German version of PH40...

No it's not. The set looks different. And the PH40 is also listed on the German site.
I heard about it cause I was about to order a 32PL30 and Panasonic France said this model wasn't available anymore and was replaced by this 32PS20. :confused:
Anyway, this new one looks good and I should have it by next week. :cool:

Mitch why not just order a PH40 as it is a UK version and has similar specs, and where are you ordering the PS20 from ??

Well many reasons for that:
- first of all I live in France and don't care about UK version :D
- this one is less expensive than PH40
- PH40 has extra things I don't need (like double tuner or virtual dolby).
Cheers

You should update your location to say France, after all you ARE proud to be French.....

You are making a good choice as I have just upgraded my Harman Kardon DVD25 player to PAL prog scan and it is excellent on my 32PH40..

Location updated. ;)

I hope I made a good choice. I initially bought a Philips 9527 but the Pixel+ is disastrous and the picture is just ugly. So I asked for a swap with this pana set.
And I'm now seriously considering buying the HK as well. Looks like a nobrainer.

Defo on the HK, make sure you get the right upgrade as I got the wrong one at first. read the HK thread in the players section which I am sure you already have..

Regards from a wet but pleasent UK

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom