• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Answered Which TV Cable I should buy?

newbiescott

Novice Member
Hi

Sorry for this rather basic question, but am genuinely struggling to get proper cable for my TV.

I recently moved to a flat, bought my first TV : LG 49UH770V <LG 49UH770V 49 inch 4K Ultra HD HDR Smart LED TV Freeview Play>

It can receive Freeview,Freeview HD and Freesat HD.

I have a socket in my living room with 4 connections: SAT1, SAT2, TV and Radio. Please see the picture attached, I think it connects to a communal dish above my apartment. Its recently build flat, they dont allow individual dish setups.

My TV has two connections: "Antenna/Cable" and "13/18v=700mA Max LNB in", Please see the attached picture.

In the TV manual i find the following:
Antenna connection: Connect the TV to a wall antenna socket with an RF cable (75 Ω).
Satellite dish connection: Connect the TV to a satellite dish to a satellite socket with a satellite RF cable (75 Ω).

I am confused because this my first TV setup, can you please advise what cables I should buy for Antenna, Satellite, as well as for Radio please?

I dont have any other set-top boxes.

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

Attachments

• socket.jpg
    socket.jpg
    517.9 KB · Views: 48
  • TV.jpg
    TV.jpg
    790.1 KB · Views: 49

JayCee

Distinguished Member
You need an RF lead male to female with the female end plugged into the socket on the wall marked TV and the male end plugged in to the socket on the Tv marked Antenna/Cable. This will give you the UK's Digital Tv service "Freeview"
For Satellite reception you need an F-Plug to F-Plug lead and these connect to the SAT1 socket at the wallplate and the Satellite socket on the Tv.
Make sure the Tv is switched off when screwing in the satellite connectors.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Sorry, I can't recommend any specific type/brand, yes there are different types of coax cable but as you've stated you're a "newbie" I assumed you'd be buying ready-made cables.
A good rule-of-thumb is the thicker the better.

The latest video from AVForums

JVC 4K projectors, Denon X3800 & Perlisten speaker reviews, adding a sub to 2-channel + AV/HiFi news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom