Which Tv - Budget £800

neonplanet40

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys currently looking to upgrade my Sony 40v3000. Just looking some ideas on what to get for around £800?

Ideally I want a bigger screen with 3D if possible? (a 50inch 3D tv would be great :p )

Im aware im asking for a lot. . . .

Thank you for the help guys :):lease::lease:

Hi guys currently looking to upgrade my Sony 40v3000. Just looking some ideas on what to get for around £800?

Ideally I want a bigger screen with 3D if possible? (a 50inch 3D tv would be great :p )

Im aware im asking for a lot. . . .

Thank you for the help guys :):lease::lease:

Need to know uses, viewing distance and environment. These will help with replies.

Sorry for lack of info.

Mostly used for viewing HD films and i'll also want to watch some 3D movies on it. So 70% HD blu rays, 10% SD and 10% 3D.

It will be mounted on the wall which is about 8-9ft from where I sit.

It would be located in my study room which has black out curtains and surround sound / amp.

Sorry for lack of info.

Mostly used for viewing HD films and i'll also want to watch some 3D movies on it. So 70% HD blu rays, 10% SD and 10% 3D.

It will be mounted on the wall which is about 8-9ft from where I sit.

It would be located in my study room which has black out curtains and surround sound / amp.

Sounds like youll be having a cracking setup. :). 50" with 3D at 800....hmmm... all I can think of/see is the Panasonic ST30, Theres the LGs for less but dont recommend them this year, or for over 900 theres the Samsung D6900, another great set and populare on here.

Just to add I sit about 8ft from my 46" and its great, if for largely HD and over 8ft though def 50" will be better for 3D.

Many thanks for the help.

What do you think about the Samsung D550? Would you say the ST30 is better? I would love to spend more but unfortunately just don't have the money at the minute.

Im going to keep a close eye on deals over the xmas hols and january sales and hopefully something pops up then.

No problem:) ST30 all the way, best to go demo still and see what you think. In two minds a bout the sales, most stuff sold at discount is the stock they cant shift. Comet have raised the price of their ST31 ready to drop back down again, though other stores still have them for around half their RRP at the start of the year.

Just ordered the Panasonic 50inch ST30 with 2 hdmi leads - five year warranty and 2 pairs of the 3d glasses for £799 from Beyond television :D

Will let you know what I think of it!

Anything I should look out for with this (im new to plasma's) or any tests I can run to check for errors etc?

Im hoping my existing wall mount used for my sony 40kdlv3000 will still work for this tv . . . .

green tinge? *** lol

Do NOT read any threads about faults - as they will miraculously appear and you'll lose your mind!!!

If you have it, then so be it, but don;t go looking for problems ;)

Thank you :p ill wait till i get it and see how it is first :p

Any demo disks etc that can be run to check for pixels etc?

Thank you :p ill wait till i get it and see how it is first :p

Any demo disks etc that can be run to check for pixels etc?

Vickster lol:smashin:

If you dont notice any dead pixels with normal viewing dont go looking, its a slippery slope. If you must theres some slides you can use, dont know uf Vickster has a link, I cant remember where peoole are getting them from at the mo.

What do people use to calibrate the screen?

I dont have any sophisticated equipment lol

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom