which tv and moreso ariel or dish

simonplatt

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi.

i have just renovated the house where i live, which has taken 2 years. during that time I have not had a tv. but have watched either catchup on pc or dvd on a small analog.

I have not missed tv really, but time has come to consider getting one.

there is a dish on the wall and ariels on the roof, there are no wires from them and I doubt if any are any good. so I really have no equipment at all.

I want tv in lounge and in bedroom, I do not want to subscribe to things but get as many free channels as simply as possible, so what it the best way to achieve same and what do i need.

i live in crewe, cheshire.

If you want to use the dish, you can get Freesat but you'll need a receiver (some TVs have this built in, but they tend to be larger screens and higher end)

With an aerial ( ;) ), you'll get Freeview - any fairly modern TV will have this built in so you don't need a separate box

Look at the Freesat and Freeview websites to see what free to air channels you'll get with each.

TV wise, depends how big you want and how much money you want to spend, then it gets complex :D

thanks, how can i check the dish and ariel i have got to see if they work? and if they do (or i get replacement) how can i set them up? is there a meter or something i can buy?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom